You are here
Dr. Yaniv joined OHPCC in 2014.
His main research interests are image-guided interventions, medical image analysis, computer vision, and software engineering. He supports the development of open source software, contributing code to several free open source toolkits including ITK, SimpleITK, and the Image-Guided Surgery Toolkit (IGSTK).
Dr. Yaniv received his Ph.D. in computer science from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel in 2004. From 2006 to 2011 he was an assistant professor in the Department of Radiology at Georgetown University. From 2011 to 2014 he was a principal investigator at Children's National Hospital in Washington DC.
- 2013 to the present: Associate Editor, Healthcare Technology Letters, Institution of Engineering and Technology
- 2013-2015: Chair, SPIE Medical Imaging: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling
- 2012-2014: Area Chair, IPCAI (Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions)
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Information Technology Biomedicine
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery
- Medical Engineering and Physics
- Medical Image Analysis
International Conference Program Committees:
- EMBC (International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society)
- MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention)
- Senior member, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- Senior member, IEEE Computer Society
- Member, MICCAI Society