You are here
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications Annual Report FY2015.
The Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications (LHC) is an intramural research and development division of the NLM. To fulfill its mission, LHC:
• captures, processes, distributes, and uses high quality medical imaging data;
• develops and promotes health information technology standards to facilitate their adoption and meaningful use in electronic health records (EHRs), public health, and research;
• conducts research and development in biomedical natural language processing;
• develops mobile health and emergency response tools;
• provides health-related information to enhance patient engagement; and
• trains the next generation of medical informaticians.